Here is a fix for Congress (do you think your representative will vote for this?)
*Congressional Reform Act of 201_*
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their limited term, then go home and back to work. http://goooh.com
8. Term limits for congress.
There are a number of iterations on term limits being proposed but eight years should be the max. http://www.termlimits.org/
9. Politicians can’t become lobbyist once they leave office. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7387331n&tag=contentMain;contentBody